Easter this year was quite relaxing. It was a beautiful, breezy sunny day in Orlando, making it a near perfect opportunity for a trip to the golf course (plenty of sunscreen included) and more time spent socializing in the outdoors afterwards. A successful day like this deserved a bit of rest, so my holiday recipe is just a day late. 😉
Originally my Easter recipe was to be a clean decadent version of Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, but I decided last minute to whip up this creamy Carrot Cake Smoothie (I was never really a carrot cake gal, but it honestly just sounded too good)! Plus, it’s been a while since I’ve posted a smoothie recipe (which was this one), and I truly think this one’s for you!
What a surprise it was, incorporating carrot into the smoothie mix. The result: a subtle, rich concoction with notes of ginger and nutmeg, giving it some FLARE. Allow some trust in me here, this is worth a try.
- 1 organic banana
- 1 organic carrot, chopped
- 1 Medjool date
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (I use Vital Proteins) (optional)
- 1/2 cup oat milk (or your choice dairy-free milk)
- 3-5 ice cubes
- coconut flakes (for garnish) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, minus the ice, until well blended
- Throw in ice and blend just a bit more
- Top with coconut flakes, and serve right away!