Now this is a breakfast I can dig. This Coconut Flour Waffles recipe came to life with the use of an affordable mini waffle maker (I snagged mine for $10 at Target!). It’s super practical, easy to clean, great for portion sizing, and well, they turn out to be the cutest of waffles.
Due to a mild sensitivity to eggs and certain nuts (such as almonds), I have been doing my very best to avoid these foods for the sake of my body’s inflammatory responses. It took me a bit to construct due to swapping out ingredients I’ve grown used to, but with effort, consistency, and a tear or two shed, these Coconut Flour Waffles were made manifest. I am SO happy with the final product, one that you’re going to enjoy!
Grab a fork and dive into these gluten-free, dairy-free, eggless, allergy-free Coconut Flour Waffles:
- 2 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or your choice of oil)
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Avocado oil spray (for waffle maker)
*Choose organic when possible!
- Mix ground flaxseed and filtered water and leave to the side (this will create a paste, substituting egg)
- Combine all other ingredients together
- Mix in ground flax paste
- Turn on waffle maker. Once heated up, spray on avocado oil (so the waffles don’t stick!)
- Scoop out 1 (generous) tbsp of batter and add to waffle maker. Close and let the magic happen
- Gently remove waffles (I used a fork & spatula for assistance) and transfer to plate
- Top with your favorites (for me it’s a little extra honey, hemp seeds and berries) & enjoy!
Curious for more breakfast recipes? Check out my Overnight Chia Seed Pudding!