This recipe was designed with the use of a mini waffle maker (I got mine for $10 at Target!). It’s super practical, easy to clean, and well they turn out to be the cutest of waffles.
Due to a mild sensitivity to eggs and certain nuts (such as almonds) I have been doing my very best to avoid these foods for the sake of my body’s inflammatory responses. This recipe took me a minute to construct due to swapping out ingredients I’ve grown used to, but I am SO happy with this final product!
Grab your fork and dive into these gluten-free, dairy-free, eggless, allergy-free coconut flour mini waffles (say that 3 times):
- 2 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or your choice of oil)
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Avocado oil spray (for waffle maker)
*Choose organic when possible!
- Mix ground flaxseed and filtered water and leave to the side (this will create a paste, substituting egg)
- Combine all other ingredients together
- Mix in ground flax paste
- Turn on waffle maker. Once heated up, spray on avocado oil (so the waffles don’t stick!)
- Scoop out 1 (generous) tbsp of batter and add to waffle maker. Close and let the magic happen
- Gently remove waffles (I used a fork & spatula for assistance) and transfer to plate
- Top with your favorites (for me it’s a little extra honey, hemp seeds and berries) & enjoy!