I call this the perfect little snack, and GREAT as a pièce de résistance to a charcuterie board! The buttery flavor of pecans is enhanced by first soaking, then slow oven drying. The most this recipe calls for is time… your sweet, sweet time.
The best bakeware pan that I couldn’t recommend enough is the USA Pan Classic Jelly Roll Sheet Pan. It can be used for baking cookies, roasting vegetables, and it’s commercial grade, nonstick with an easy cleanup. Made in the USA! I use this pan for almost anything oven related. ‘Tis quite the gem.
- 2 cups salted pecan halves
- filtered water
- Mix pecans with filtered water and leave in a warm place overnight.
- Drain in a colander or strainer.
- Spread pecans on an aluminized steel baking pan and bake in a warm oven (170 degrees) for 12 to 20 hours. Turn occasionally until completely dry and crisp.
- Store in airtight container.