Recently I’ve been learning a lot more about the mind-body connection and how our body works as one. Western medicine has taught me for so long to see my brain as one entity and the rest of my biology as another. I mean hey, just look at the different types of practices out there… there are doctors now specialized for all parts of our body, but hardly will you find a practitioner who focuses on us as a whole (such as a naturopathic or functional medicine doctor).
If our body is out of wack (inflamed, gut issues, constipation to name a few), it’s difficult to find alignment, especially with the brain. How can we work on our mind if we’re not maintaining the rest? We work as one.
To continue, one of my current journeys is honing in on my negative thinking, limiting beliefs, and reflecting on my eating patterns. Sometimes I find myself fueling more than needed. Ultimately, overeating can cause brain fog, grogginess, bloat, and isn’t great at all for digestion.
I’ve found that this Blueberry Lemon Bites recipe is great for portioning and watching my snacking habits. They’re packed with filling superfoods and dense with nutrients, and because of this, less is more! They’re also great for travel and when you’re on-the-go.
Happy (intuitive) snacking!
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 5 organic Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup freeze-died blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon flavor
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Palmful chocolate chips (I used Hu Dark Chocolate Gems)
- Lemon zest
- Add all ingredients (minus lemon zest) to a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds – 1 minute until well blended.
- Use a cookie scoop (preferred) or a TBSP spoon and mold into balls.
- Top with lemon zest and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy your Lemon Blueberry Bites!