I made a recent purchase of a new kitchen appliance: a food processor. For the longest I was using a mini chopper, so I was a bit limited on what I could prep with it. I now own an 8-cup capacity food processor, giving me access to even more homemade recipes. What did I first use it for, you ask? Well, I broke in this bad guy with a Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. WOAH.
A light, refreshing dressing obviously had to be equally paired with a dish of the same expression. A little extra citrus? Sure. Lots of colors? Absolutely. Fruit? Definitely. And here you have it: a Strawberry Citrus Salad.
If you’re beginning to get a taste of how I work with inviting you to try my recipes, you know that I’m more action than talk. I won’t give you long paragraph spiels on how I precisely chopped this and the way my kitchen smelled through it all. Nope. I want to get you to the sustenance of this post. Get your oven, chopping gear, food processor and creativity ready, and let’s dive in.
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
LEMON POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- pinch ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 1/2 red onion, halved
- 1 organic mandarin orange, peeled
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread pecans on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
POPPY SEED DRESSING
- In a food processor, combine lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, mustard, pink salt and red onion
- Add in poppy seeds and pulse in food processor a few times to disperse
- Pour in glass container
STRAWBERRY CITRUS SALAD
- Mix all ingredients together and serve!