Experimentation with foods is one of my favorite ways to create. Here, you discover food’s innate ability to WOW your taste buds through mixing and matching various ingredients. When you find the right pairing, it’s like magic.
The standard baked potato now has a run for its money. This loaded sweet potato recipe is hearty, yet refreshing. Sweet, and packed with lots of flavor.
Sweet potato has great benefits: they’re a good source of vitamins C and A (and lots of other nutrients too), an antioxidant powerhouse, anti-inflammatory, and they don’t cause blood sugar spikes! As a starchy root vegetable, its carbs will also keep you full and satisfied – a good source of fuel for the day and for athletic performance.
- Sweet potato
- Chopped parsley (FUN FACT: parsley cleanses your blood supply & gives you fresh breath)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Using a fork, prick sweet potato all over
- Pop into the oven on a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes
- Cut down the middle and pile on the good stuff: chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley – you decide what’s enough. Drizzle tahini and squeeze some lemon juice on top.
*Add in some cooked ground turkey if you want some meat!