Cleaning up shop! Or, cabinets I should say…
I made a promise to myself this week: purchase an iPhone 12 (quick explanation: my iPhone 8 Plus got to the point where it sounded like it was quacking like an insane duck everytime I clicked the “Home” button, in which a handful of friends heard this monstrosity and said it was time for an upgrade), but keep your money spending at a minimal. 2020 taught me many lessons, including be mindful of your money spending.
With that in mind, I set up a challenge for me to improvise with what I have stirring around in the kitchen. Plus, it was about time I went through my cabinets and use up what was left of some products. Thus, a new muffin masterpiece was born using the rest of my Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour. I’m happy to say my creativity did me well, as I haven’t had a muffin in quite some time, let alone baked them.
I very much recommend sinking your teeth into this recipe, as well as go through your own kitchen to find hidden ingredients that could be put to good use, while also utilizing the art of decluttering!
- 3 ½ cups Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 scoops unflavored collagen peptides (I use Vital Proteins)
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup raw chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray (I used an olive oil spray – stay away from canola & processed vegetable based oils)
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and water
- Combine all ingredients (I used my Kitchenaid Classic Mixer), and stir in raspberries & walnuts
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 muffins!