Some call it a “Winter Salad”, but to me this is the perfect crunchy & refreshing dish on a hot August day in Florida.
Kale is indeed a powerhouse vegetable that I think is too under the radar. Some good things to know about this nutritious, and delicious, leafy green:
- High in iron (a common nutrient too many are deficient in)
- Great for digestion (gut health)
- Filled with antioxidants (helps fight stress in the body)
- High in Vitamins K, C, and A
- It’s anti-inflammatory!
This is enough to make me a fan! If these benefits have you motivated (which I’m sure they do), you definitely need to try out this super simple dish. It happened to be a quick prep and I did not measure out the recipe, so construct as you’d like!
- Organic red kale (thick stems removed), rinsed & chopped
- Red onion, chopped
- Pomegranate seeds
- Nectarine, chopped
- Sunflower seeds
- BRAGG Organic Vinaigrette (with Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Mix, and enjoy! How easy is that! 😉