Justin Bieber’s new album ‘Justice’ had me in such a VIBE as I whipped up this lunch in-between my work day. My meals are always made with extra love if a dance party and belting out lyrics are involved!
If I’m not cooking salmon, it’s Mahi Mahi. It’s light and to me, not fishy at all. Fun fact: I used to never touch seafood because I always had the idea I’d be taking a big bite of a salty creation. But the more I’ve experimented with dishes in and out of the kitchen, the more I’ve found a serious love for the ocean’s playground (now a big fan of oysters, grouper, snapper, and sushi – even sashimi). You never know until you try it – another motto of mine!
If you’re new to the seafood game or have been a seasoned veteran, this recipe will get you. It will have you crawling back for more. Trust me on that.
- Mahi Mahi filet
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup organic white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 organic green onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp organic tahini
- 1/4 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp organic coconut aminos
- Lemon juice
- Heat avocado oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat
- Season Mahi Mahi with sea salt, black pepper, and paprika
- Sauté mushroom, garlic and green onion, 3 minutes
- Sear Mahi Mahi (with vegetables) in pan, 4 minutes each side
- Plate Mahi Mahi and vegetables. Top fish with lemon juice (I squeezed just a bit from 1/2 lemon), tahini and sesame seeds. Top vegetables with coconut aminos.
- Enjoy! I know you will!