Olives or no olives? Crust or no crust? But for the purpose of this post… savory, or sweet?
This salty & sweet creation is the perfect satisfying treat that easily triumphs a dessert full of additives and sugar. Because I recently decided to test out an 3-6 week Elimination Diet – removing certain foods from my lifestyle to determine whether or not I’m sensitive to them – these Sunflower Butter Stuffed Dates are key for keeping me fueled and satisfied.
Fun fact: Dates have a sweet caramel-like taste and buttery characteristic, enough to hardly believe you’re even eating a fruit!
Shave 10 minutes out of your day and enjoy goodness:
- Organic (pitted) Medjool dates
- Sunflower butter (I used SunButter Sunflower Butter) (or sub your favorite nut butter)
- Chocolate (I used Hu Dark Chocolate Gems)
- Sea salt
- Cut one side of dates open
- Stuff with sunflower butter
- Melt chocolate (your preferred method) and drizzle
- Top with sea salt
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes, take out and enjoy your Sunflower Butter Stuffed Dates!
Looking for more savory and sweet? Check out The Ultimate Toast Combo.