Pancake batter. Smooth, creamy batter. This smoothie mirrors exactly that – minus the egg of course – and I am so for it. I was scraping the blender clean, it’s THAT good!
A recipe such as this is an excellent source of nutrients (flax seeds are high in Omega-3 fats, dates are full of fiber, and a good quality protein is very beneficial on a cellular level) and will keep you full for a substantial amount of time. I’ve been whipping this up typically in the morning for breakfast or after a workout. I’ve honestly been looking forward to this smoothie lately, and I know you will too!
- 1 organic frozen banana
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup oat milk (you can make your own in 5 minutes using this recipe)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 scoop vanilla plant protein powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (I use Vital Proteins)
- Organic cacao nibs (for topping)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, top with cacao nibs, and serve right away!